Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Student of the Month Story -Hoesay

who: Jasmine Chau
what: Won Student of the Month
when: March
where: Bowie HS
why: Genetically smart
how: Working for it and no one came close to performance

(Original) Bowie Highschool held a contest amongst the student body in which Jasmine Chau came out victorious. The prize was recognition as Student of the Month for the month of March.

Contestant Jasmine Chau won the award of Student of the Month on March 31st 2016 held at James Bowie Highschool. Genetically smart her competition stood no chance in winning the award.

Junior Jasmine Chau was able to win Student of the Month with ease.

"I had a feeling I was going to win but my competition would've been you but I wasn't worried," Chau said.

A lot of the student body and mainly the staff felt that she was deserving of the award and supported the decisions.

"Yeah definitely, she worked rather hard in achieving this goal and deserves it 110% no doubt," Junior Strader Jackson said.

She would often stay after school talking to teachers and counselors seeing what she could do to improve her grade, one class had a certain day in which she'd stay after.

"I often saw her come into my office and ask what curriculums would help her improve exponentially to seal the deal and win," Counselor Mrs. Williamson said.

Hardly seen outside of school property most of her time was spent studying or at libraries.

"Most of the time I'd text her and she'd say she was busy studying," Chauncey Arebalo said.

Accomplishments aren't meant to ever be taken for granted no matter how minuscule they seem to be to someone.

"I remember being a kid and wanting to accomplish so many things, when she came to me and I saw that same fire to win awards I had to help," Mr. Logan said.

Whenever she does decide to take a break from the school life, a lot of times she spends going to museums and art galleries and learn in a fun way.

"Man we always learning something new with her, we go to museums and stuff like that, it's fun and all but not something I see every day especially amongst our generation," Arebalo added.

Listening to Mozart is said to improve grades somehow and it doesn't seem to be false, sometimes she says she listens to him in order to relieve stress and help her figure something out about school.

"Mozart does in some way help me figure whenever I'm slumped on something and can't seem to figure out how to solve the problem," Chau said.



2 comments: